The 7th Edition, the LADC proceedings will be published and indexed by IEEE
An extended version of selected papers will be published in a special issue of "The Journal of Brazilian Computer Society"
LADC is the major Latin-American event oriented to disseminate computer system dependability research advances. The LADC 2016 program will present technical sessions, workshops, tutorials, keynote talks from international experts in the area and an industrial track. The symposium scope includes system, software, and hardware dependability research works and technological challenges.
LADC will be held in Cali, Colombia. Cali is located on the Cauca Valley to the west of the Cauca River and to the east of the Farallones de Cali. The city rests just about 1,000 meters (3,281 feet) above sea level and its topography is fairly flat. The city has been named as the world capital of the Salsa dance.
The main track at LADC 2016 is soliciting original, unpublished research papers in two categories: (1) full research (regular) papers, and (2) practical experience reports. Papers will be assessed with criteria appropriate to each category. LADC looks for works exploring new territory, continuing a significant research, or reflecting on practical experience. While full research manuscripts should explore a specific technology problem and propose a complete solution to it, with extensive results, practical experience reports are expected to provide an in-depth exposition of practitioner experience and empirical studies.
All aspects of dependable and secure systems and networks are within the scope of LADC, including fault tolerant architectures, protocols and algorithms, models for performance and dependability evaluation, as well as, experimentation and assessment of dependable and secure systems and networks. Authors are invited to submit original papers on research and practice of creating, validating, deploying, and maintaining dependable and secure systems and networks.
In its 7th Edition, the LADC proceedings will be published and indexed by IEEE (Confirmed). Also, an extended version of selected papers will be published in a special issue of "The Journal of Brazilian Computer Society" (Confirmed). A Best Paper Award is also a tradition in LADC and will be selected among the submitted works.
Major topic include, but are not limited to:
- Fault tolerant hardware architectures, multi-core systems, virtualization, nanoscale computers, hardware dependability assessment.
- Frameworks and software architectures for dependability, runtime monitoring, adaptation, model driven dependability engineering, testing, verification & validation, software certification.
- Dependability of networks (LAN, WAN, mobile, ad-hoc, sensor networks, protocols, SDN).
- Dependability of data storage and databases.
- Dependability and human issues, human-computer interaction, management of complex systems.
- Security foundations, policies, protocols, access control, intrusion detection, intrusion tolerance.
- Incidents & accidents, risk perception and analysis, safety-critical applications and systems.
- Critical infrastructure protection.