Get to know us
School of Medicine
The School of Health Sciences was created in 1835 for the purpose of training professionals to be able to practice medicine not only in the public sector but also in the private sector. The school emphasizes on primary and secondary health care and seeks to promote health, prevention and disease treatment as well as rehabilitation.
The school is located in the estancia sector. At the main entrance, people can see and enjoy a medicine history-related mural created by Master Belisario Gómez.